Friday, June 24, 2011

our first week:)

Hey there this is Leona:),
Our time at Papahana Kualoa was so *AMAZING*. We started off buy learning how to identify weeds and native plants and got to work right away pulling up weeds on the river bed. We replanted pots at the nursery, chucked logs, collected stones in that river (buckets and buckets and buckets lol), but my favorite part was today. Today we got to help build a lo'i and i must say that mud is fun. We cut brush to help support the wall and pulled up stones and boards. It was my first time doing many of this but my team and site managers were very positive and helped me along. I look forward to returning to Papahana Kualoa to learn a bit more and get a little muddy:)

Oh and by the way neeever leave the s'mores unattended ehhh Vanessa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment